Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let's Golf!

     I scrolled down my blog and noticed I haven't done any reviews for any iPad apps. So, here is one: Let's Golf by Gameloft. Gameloft is known mostly for their other games such as Brothers in Arms, Real Soccer, and much more. But, Let's Golf deserves to be one of the elite games. I do understand there is a Let's Golf! 2, but I have not had a chance to review it yet. If anyone would like me to review it, shoot me an email at alanyguo@gmail.com., and I will be happy to do it.

     Let's Golf, as the title suggests, is a golfing game that requires strategy and concentration. You must determine where you would like to hit the ball, the amount of power, curve, and more. And, in the beginning, you must select which player to use, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Putting requires a lot of focus, looking at the wind and the slope. It is very realistic. Like in real life, you can hit it into the rough, green, fringe, rocks, water, or out of bounds. The graphics improve to the quality of the game, allowing for an easy feel. The game has versions for the ipod touch/iphone and the iPad. On the iPad, it comes in HD. Something I think could be improved upon is the players. I think it can be more realistic by allowing for a choice of real golfers, such as Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson, and make them into an animated figure. In addition to this, it can take each real golfer's strength and weaknesses. Plus, there should be a larger variety of maps, allowing for the game to change from the maps it has right now. The tournament mode could be better, but it already is great. To add to it, there should be fans, TV reporters and things like that. A store should be added where you can buy better clubs, apparel, or golf balls. I know you can unlock apparel and golf balls, but a store would improve to the depth of the game. Overall, this game is very addicting and fun to play with a friend. Click here for the link to the photo below.
My rating: 8.6/10
10-lets-golf-hd-728-75.jpg

2 comments: